Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Most Delicious Shrimp Soup Ever!

Ok so this is one of the most flavorful and fun textured soups you will ever have! I was perusing Earth Fare a couple weeks ago... Let me just say I could spend all my money there in one day if I wanted to and all of my time looking at the walls of wine and cheeses. Anyways I came across this boxed soup base- Cashew Carrott Ginger. It sounded intriguing but I wasn't sure what I would add to it... The box had some recipe ideas on the back so I decided to give it a try. This is what I produced.

I took some frozen snap pea stir fry mix and precooked shrimp and threw all of it in a crock pot with the soup mix and let it slowly simmer and soak up all of the beautiful flavor combinations. I then decided when it was all done to add some cashews for a little extra flavor and crunchy texture. Combined with the crispiness of the snap peas and the tenderness of the shrimp it made for a great texture and flavor party in my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment