Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quesadilla de Camarones

Can you tell I love shrimp?! Quick story, when I was very young and a flower girl at a rehearsal dinner, I supposedly got some shrimp from the buffet and started dipping it in ice cream and eating it. Moving on....

This recipe came from Pioneer Woman, but I added/changed a few things- I tend to do that especially if I don't have a particular ingredient or because I want to add some more spices or something.




I added fresh cilantro to the mexican tomato sauce as well as lime juice and combined it with the simmering shrimp.





After browning the onions and peppers I placed a tortilla in a buttered pan. I used a Mexican blend of shredded cheese and put down a layer on top of the tortilla. Add the veggies and the shrimp sauce then another layer of cheese before placing another tortilla on top. Cheese on both sides against the tortilla helps it stick together and make for easier flipping :)





Finished product is a delectable plate size quesadilla- and one is enough to fill you to the brim with yummy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment